Podcasts have become one of my favorite forms of media over recent years. They’re especially great for car rides and long walks.
But if you’re new to podcasts, it can be hard to figure out where to start. So here are some of my favorites.
Invest Like the Best – This is Patrick O’Shaughnessy’s podcast. Patrick is a chartered financial analyst and founder of O’Shaughnessy Asset Management. He interviews mostly venture capitalists and traditional money managers. He’s very good at selecting interesting guests and has a nice conversational interview style.
Here are my three favorite episodes of Invest Like the Best…
- “Bill Gurley – All Things Business and Investing” – Bill is a legendary venture capitalist who has backed huge winners like Uber and Open Table.
- “Jerry Neumann – Why Venture is Hard” – Jerry is a very smart and interesting guy and one of my favorite venture capitalists.
- “Elad Gil – How to Identify Interesting Markets” – Elad is one of the best early-stage investors in the world. He’s invested in Airbnb, Coinbase, Square, Instacart, Stripe and many more.
The Meb Faber Show – Meb owns and operates a family of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) called Cambria. His podcast guests are always interesting, and he has a nice interview style.
Here are my three favorite episodes…
- “Episode #125: Tom Barton” – Tom was one of the best short sellers in the world, and boy does he have some great stories to tell. Among other accomplishments, he was the one who busted “The Wolf of Wall Street.” Now he helps start biotech companies. And he’s quite good at it.
- “Episode #69:Jason Calacanis” – Jason is the founder of JasonsSyndicate, one of my favorite online investment platforms for accredited investors. (I wrote about Jason’s Syndicate in more detail last summer.) Jason has invested in hundreds of early-stage startups and has at least seven unicorns. This conversation is well worth your time.
- “Episode #197:Rick Rule” – Rick is a legend in the natural resource investing world, and for good reason. In this episode, Rick and Meb discuss the state of resource investing and how now sure seems like a good time to invest in precious metals.
If you’re looking for even more content, I recommend The Acquirers Podcast by Tobias Carlisle.