Incentivizing people to watch ads or create a better social media sharing ecosystem is a popular idea. We’ve already suggested members participate in two airdrops addressing this – Brave’s use of basic attention token and Belacam’s bela token. And this week we’re recommending rally, another token that falls in the same family.
What Is Rally?
Rally is a social media ecosystem based on rewarding users for sharing or commenting on content. The working theory behind Rally rests on two key points:
- You own your data. So you should be earning money for liking, commenting and sharing – not social networks.
- Social pressure means you’re going to share only things you like or find worthwhile – including products and advertisements – to your social networks. And consumers are much more likely to trust content or product recommendations that come from friends. That creates a “trusted” ad network. And whether it’s content or products, companies are willing to pay to access trusted ad networks.
Rally makes it easy to see what you have to do to earn rally tokens. Just download the app from Google’s Play store or Apple’s app store and click on the “Contests” button. That will reveal exactly what you need to do to earn rally for sharing a particular item on your personal social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
Why Rally Might Take Off
Incentivizing social media posts and watching ads is becoming a crowded space. That suggests, at the very least, that there’s some market demand for this type of service. Whether that market is big enough to support a blockchain service – or multiple blockchain services – is still an open question.
So will Rally succeed? Or will Brave or Belacam catch fire instead? We don’t know yet. But that’s why we have airdrops. There’s absolutely no risk involved in acquiring rally (or basic attention tokens or bela). And if any of those tokens take off, you’ll be in position to profit handsomely.
How to Claim Rally
Rally is a pretty straightforward airdrop. You can earn up to 1,200 rally (about $60) by completing certain tasks. Here’s how the math works:
- You get 500 rally for downloading the app and creating an account (that includes verifying your email account and phone number).
- You get 100 rally for each social media account you link Rally to. Rally currently supports five external social media accounts, so the most you can earn is 500 rally.
- You get 50 rally for each Rally social media group you join/follow. Rally has a presence on Telegram, Facebook, Twitter and the Rally app.
You can also earn 300 additional rally for each person you successfully refer to Rally. There’s no limit (for now) on how many people you can refer.
Each rally is worth about $0.05. The total supply of rally is 5 billion.
For more details on how to take advantage of the Rally airdrop, visit the Rally page on Airdrop Alert’s website. If you have any questions about claiming rally, make sure you contact Airdrop Alert or Rally directly.
Never give anyone your email password or private keys. No legitimate airdrop will ask for that stuff.
Never reuse your email or exchange passwords. Always use unique, random passwords. Write them down and store them somewhere safe. We also recommend setting up a separate email account for airdrops.
Senior Managing Editor, First Stage Investor